POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Catacombs : Catacombs Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Catacombs
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Mar 2007 06:31:03
Message: <45eff3f7@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I started this image to find a way to do better doorway openings in walls
rather than just csg a hole using a cylinder and box. The bricks came from a
scene I did about three years ago when I did a landscaping project (raised
flower bed) and wanted to experiment with different layouts without lugging
bricks around. The candles started out as point lights but yikes the wild
shadows ..... converted them to area lights with some improvement .....
jitter smoothed out the banding. Anyway I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Catacombs.jpg' (124 KB)